It’s often risky to transport any vehicle from one place to another. Road debris can leave scratches and nicks in the paint, and if you are using another car to drag the vehicle, it may lead to wheel or transmission damage. You can avoid most of these issues by trusting and hiring a tow truck company.
There are many types of tow truck companies out there but they generally fall into two categories: the one in which towing is done by lifting only one end of a vehicle, and the other in which the entire vehicle rests on the platform of the truck. The second category is called a flatbed towing.
Flatbed towing is the preferred method of towing these days. It involves a trailer or a truck equipped with a flatbed on its rear end to transport vehicles from one location to another. Using flatbed tow trucks is essential and has many benefits.
Here are the seven benefits of why you should call a Flatbed Towing Company:
- Best way to prevent further damage to the towed car. The first thing you should think about every time your vehicle breaks down is its safety. The safest option you can use to transport your vehicle is a flatbed tow. Flatbed towing usually involves placing the entire vehicle on a flat surface which means there’s no risk of further damage even if it’s on a bumpy and rough terrain.
- Greater safety on the road. Not just for you but also to the passing motorists. It is known to be the safest option for towing. This method ensures safety by making sure that your vehicle is strapped securely to avoid swaying and moving.
- Sometimes it is the only option for transporting your vehicle. Unlike other towing methods, the wheels of the car are not required to be running during the tow when using flatbed tow trucks. And in some cases, for example, when the vehicle has a broken axle, flatbed tow trucks are the only way of hauling it.
- Versatility. Whether you want to tow a boat, an SUV, or any type of vehicle, a flatbed tow truck can easily transport your vehicle. As long as your vehicle fits on the flatbed, it will be towed. Traditional tow trucks cannot transport a wide range of vehicles as it is in the case of flatbed tow trucks.
- Convenient. When using a dolly to tow your car, you’ll be required to first remove its drive shaft so as to avoid transmission damage. Well, when it comes to flatbed towing, your vehicle is simply driven up the flatbed platform, firmly strapped, and towed to your destination. There’s no hassle at all.
- Saves Time. By using a flatbed towing, loading the vehicle is relatively easy. If your vehicle is damaged and cannot move, a winch is used to load it up. However, if it’s in good condition, you simply drive it up, and you’re good to go. All these save you much time than the traditional methods of towing.
- Best for Long-Distance Towing. If you want to tow your vehicle for a long-distance, your best option is using a flatbed tow truck. Your goal, when towing your vehicle, should always be to protect it. You don’t want your vehicle to undergo so much wear and tear, right?
Our car removal service is offered 24 hours of the day! Cape Coral Towing & Recovery Inc. offers emergency towing services including emergency roadside assistance and roadside assistance service in Southwest Florida. You can count on us by reaching us on 239-458-3333 today!